Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Brunch

Since I got up at a reasonable hour for a Sunday, I decided I'd make pancakes and sausage for a nice Sunday morning breakfast. As I was taking pictures of my breakfast to post, Amanda was trying to open a tube of biscuits. This lead to me talking about how my mom use to always make cinnamon rolls for breakfast. So Amanda looked up a recipe and made semi home made cinnamon rolls.

Here are my Aunt Jemima pancakes with cinnamon and vanilla and some precooked Jimmy Dean sausage. Pancakes tasted good as recipe has been perfected over the course of several years in college. Sausage tasted suspicious, not sure if this is the microwaves fault or an error in the actual making of the sausage. regardless don't think I'll be eating the rest.
Here are Amanda's cinnamon rolls after she put the butter, cinnamon, vanilla and cinnamon sugar mixture in the middle and rolled them.

This is the finished product. Some of the smaller ones ended up looking more like the letter C, but they tasted very good and sugary. I recommend eating them on a sunny Sunday while listening to vampire weekend and staring at Corporate America's poster child.


-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I'm Glad that Amanda's A gourmet Cook Now.

    Amanda's Dad.

    ReplyDelete