Sunday, February 28, 2010

(mis)Adventures in Breakfast.

After waking up and being slightly annoyed when i realized it was Sunday, I decided the best way to continue to put off homework (since there is no longer Aziz and dinner to distract me) was to make breakfast. Now I know what you're thinking, I make pretty good looking pancakes, I probably made those. YOUR WRONG. Several weeks ago I attempted to make what I call a Farmers Skillet. In this skillet there are potatoes, eggs, cheese, ham and onions. These are all good things when combined in my favorite omelette, so logic stands that it should taste great all mashed together, right? The first try was a complete failure. Never one to give up on food that logically should be good I tried again.

This time I looked for some tips online and made sure to scramble the eggs over the potatoes (which still seems sketchy to me). Everything else was pretty much the same, I'm out of cheddar so I used American cheese, which I can only hope contains typos because the expiration date read July 2050, lunch meat ham because that's the only kind of ham i have and i didn't think before starting and the potatoes and onions i got from jewel a week or so ago.



Now I'm aware this doesn't look like the most appetizing thing in the world, and you're sort of right, but at least it tasted better than my first try several weeks ago. Next time I think I'll stick to pancakes.

Please note if I die from some weird cheese infection, please sue kraft. Thank you.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment