Sunday, February 21, 2010

Calzone & Ed Byrne, what a lovely way to spend the evening

I believe its been about two weeks since we last made a pizza (and began this blog) so Sarah & I decided it was due time to try our hand at pizza once again. This time we wanted to be more creative than last so we made a calzone! Since I have about 3 weeks experience working at a pizza joint (Cheezies, gotta love it) I mustered up my memory on how to make these bad boys.

We wanted something different than just regular pizza & were inspired by the chicken, bacon, ranch flavor combination. We substituted marinara sauce for good ole Kraft ranch salad dressing (on sale at Target even!) and also added tomato, onion & green pepper to the meats. I almost forgot to put in the cheese but luckily Sarah reminded me before we put it in the oven.

We were much better at multi-tasking this time around. Here's all the prep work we did while the dough finished rising. Go us, right?

Despite what you may think by looking at this photo, the calzone didn't fall off the counter.

And the finished product. We brushed the crust with melted butter & garlic salt to keep it soft.

And we finished off our lovely evening by watching Ed Byrne, one of our favorite Irish comedians. Admittedly, he's one of the few Irish comedians I know, but still. Watch this, you'll laugh.

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment