Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Salsa Chicken

When I went grocery shopping at the beginning of the quarter I bought quite a few chicken breasts that have since been forgotten in the freezer. Well, yesterday I decided I should actually make something with one of them. I had some left over refried beans and rice from a couple of days ago, so I thought I'd cook the chicken in a way that would complement those flavors. What I ended up doing was putting cayenne pepper on the chicken as it was cooking. When it was nearly done, I added medium salsa and let the chicken absorb the flavors. The salsa somehow caramelized or something and it tasted kind of like a spicy barbecue sauce, but with onions and peppers on top. Then while I was reheating my leftovers, I topped the chicken with some cheese.


¡Lo era muy delicioso!
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment