Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oriental Experience

While the rest of the country was having pizza and subs while guzzling beer I made an Asian inspired feast.

Chicken stir fry with garlic, onion, red pepper, broccoli, water chestnuts and green beans, a pork egg roll and four pork pot stickers. Nothing to special since I make stir fry pretty regularly but have recently been having a problem with making rice. I'm not sure if it's the brand i'm using or if I have lost the gift of rice making. Undercooked rice is gross.



How I Made:
I got a lovely Wok at a garage sale over the summer, so greased it up and threw in two pieces of targets individual frozen chicken breast. (defrosted)
I don't have the means or the presents of mind to buy fresh vegetables whenever I want stir fry so I stock up on stir fry vegetable packets that can be found at jewel or target in the frozen food section and then throw in whatever real vegetables i do have, in this case onions. I let everything cook over medium heat, moving around and flipping to make sure nothing sticks or burns. When near finished threw in a little minced garlic and moved vegetables around some more. When everything is finished, after around 10 to 15 minutes, depending on chicken I throw in some kind of sauce, for this instants it was tyriakki marinade specifically for stir fry, but I like my previous brand better. let cook down and coat for a few seconds on low heat and serve with rice.

I also steamed my pot stickers using the steam from the wok, because it came with a small rack that attached to the top.
Was generally unimpressed with halftime show, commercials and game.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment