Sunday, March 7, 2010

An Oscar Worthy Dinner

When I was flipping through the cookbook we got last night's ravioli inspiration from I came upon a recipe for Pepper Chicken with Honey Butter. It sounded absolutely amazing so I decided I would make that for dinner. It was very easy. The recipe itself calls for a whole chicken breast, but I've been working my way through a large bag of frozen chicken breast strips, so i used those. So you take the chicken and cover it in coarsely crushed peppercorn, both black and white variates (but I only had black) and cook on the stove with a little oil. The sauce is a 1/4 cup butter and two teaspoons honey. I drizzled some on when the chicken was almost done cooking and then more when I put it on the plate. The sweetness of the honey contrasted nicely with the pepper. For a side dish I made box mashed potatoes which were a cinch to make. It turned out to be a lovely, quick meal.





bon appetit!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment