Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mexican on St. Patrick's Day!

For our weekly food extravaganza we strayed away from Italian and instead went with a Mexican inspired feast. We wanted to use the rest of the peppers we had from Ravioli last week, so we cooked them in a little oil and just let them sit on low heat while we did everything else.

It was cheaper for us to make our own tortilla chips than to buy them, so we heated up some vegetable oil and cut the corn tortillas in quarters and fried them up! It was surprisingly fun and easy, and now we have a ton of extra chips!



Amanda cooked her chicken with a little cayenne pepper and taco seasoning to give it a more spicy, Mexican flavor.

I cooked mine with some pepper and minced garlic.

For a side I made some regular white rice and Amanda made Spanish rice.

Amanda's Dinner-chicken fajitas

My Dinner - I'm not a big fan of Mexican food, so I consider this a huge step in my culinary experience.

We also made some virgin margaritas with ginger ale. Not the most delicious drinks ever but very frothy and festive! Plus its just fun drinking out of margarita glasses.
Happy Green River Day from Chicago!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment